DeadHead - Starsight DeadHead - Starsight

Intro pad is cool, though it would be cool if you did a little fade in for the piano, its a bit sudden. The piano part is interesting, though you do reuse a lot of chord progressions, and it would probably sound better with more variety.

The buildup is ok, though the buildup could use a seperate snare, to keep things interesting.

The drop's kick drum is weak, as the bass overpowers it, try making it louder, and if that sounds bad, try adding some really short sidechaining. The kick drum is the heart of your track, after all!

Your main lead synth that comes in later could use some highpass/high shelf EQ'ing.

I actually really like the rest of the song, including the little elements you added in the background in addition to your bassline synth. Very nice job!

The second chorus could use a second lead/layer, to make it stand out more.

Nice work!

-R4R

AssassinOnTheHill responds:

Ah, excellent feedback. Thank you!

listerine listerine

Decent little tune, though dissonant in some parts.

I don't know why you decide to name all your tunes silly names when they're not that bad at all.

Pastel Pink Kisses Pastel Pink Kisses

I don't think TR4NC3BOY understand what a mellow and chill song is. Not every song needs to have a hardstyle kick.

Anyways, the piece itself is ok, though in my mind, it would sound much better with a reese bass or something like that, something the keep the listener interested. The snare, I don't like. I don't know what you did to it, I don't like. Fix pl0x. As for the little synth starting @ 2:00, I actually like it quite a bit. The rest of the song is nice as well, well done.

Sometimes repetitiveness is something thats a good thing, you should try doing some lofi hop with this song, or some of your other chill songs.

Also, wrong category, pretty sure this isn't techno.

Nice work!

Kalviter responds:

Sorry about the category thing, I have no idea what this would fit in on the list. Thanks for the feedback though! I've finally got some new snare samples so I should be able to fix that snare, cos it's a problem in all my songs. I've always thought about going into lofi, might give it a try.

TR4NC3BOY - Prime Time TR4NC3BOY - Prime Time

I don't know really how to rate "overly happy happy happy" songs. Anyways, here goes.

In the beginning, you got your synths and your drums, sounds like you're running in some field full of fantasy characters.

The kick at 0:24 has way too much high end, or you put a hat there, either way, it sounds bad.

0:24-0:34 sounds ok, but after that, the offbeat bass is a way to squelch for my likings.

I just listened to the rest of the song, and i'll be honest when I say the supersaw gets quite fucking annoying after a while, I'd recommend switching up your synths rather that just using the industry standard ridiculously overused "club EDM" sound. As for the FL Slayer that comes later on in, its ok, but once again, way too high up, transpose it an octave down.

As for the hardstyle part @ 2:44, it honestly sounds so much better than the rest of the song, when theres actual bass to listen to rather than some annoying synth in your ear all the time. Outro is ok.

In general, it just lacks bass when listening to it on decent headphones. This type of shit would honestly blow up a club in the 1980's, but when listening now on your own, it sounds quite bad.

Decent work, needs quite a lot of improvement

TR4NC3BOY responds:

You hit me harder then the hardstyle part XD
thx for the feedback dude its nice to get some honest critqe from people
i think i just got lazy with the synth this time around with i usually switch it up but honestlly i should go back to the style i had in my first song had alot more instruments and orchestra feeling.
thx for feedback :)

mr hands mr hands

This is actually really good, a few things out of key, but in other regards, not too shabby!

Wrong genre though, you probably are looking for chiptune, or solo instrument (i assume you used the same patch for the song) or something of that sort.

Keep this up!

funkmeisterfish responds:

The Dancemaker The Dancemaker

fl studio stock kick not good, so sick of hearing it everywhere

the sidechaining could use a little more buildup (the bass).

But overall, nice!

Acheson responds:

Thanks ill be sure to use a different one next time lol

HyperDrive HyperDrive

Needs better mastering to be honest, it sounds like its poorly EQ'd or you put Fruity Reverb on the master. It sounds very bad. I say this on a lot of tracks: IT NEEDS AN ARP! Its kinda boring listening to the same chord progression over and over again, so that would be better if it was changed up a bit.

In summary: Needs more variation, an arp, and better mastering.

R4R

diaper lugia diaper lugia

this song sucks vip?

funkmeisterfish responds:

yeas its the same chord progression

marshmellow alone marshmellow alone

Seriously?

Reported for taking a copyrighted song and uploading it without permission.

Phaseblade Phaseblade

Poor mastering.

You need to bring up those drums, just very weak in general.